Hi Brethren, 

I have a sincere questions that I was at first embarrassed to ask but now it has been causing a lot of distress.  

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13 KJV

I actually didn't know this verse until after I asked God to save me and put my faith in Jesus Christ. It has given me so much comfort and assurance. 

Now that I'm back out of the babel building system, as I mentioned in a previous prayer request, I'm dealing with a lot doubt and depression. I apologize I can ramble. 

My question is does "call" mean that I had to audibly call on God to be saved or was praying in my head and heart ok? I remember the fear of hell coming into my heart (which I deserve) and praying to the Lord admitting I am a sinner. Please help. 

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (II Corinthians 5:17 [KJV])

Have you become a new creature in Christ Jesus and your life has changed?

Yes, I have, thanks to the Lord Jesus Christ.  I used to be a wicked rock loving, movie obsessed,  immodest false convert reading the ESV perversion in the modern apostate "church". Now all I want to do is read His word the King James, pass out tracts and watch sermons. I've been so backslidden the last few years and weak in the Lord that assurance was just not there. I can see now that this doubt has caused me to not witness as much, which leads me to believe Satan has been very happy lately and my fellowship with the Lord has suffered. I need to remember this verse,  "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." Romans 8:1 KJV and keep walking after the Holy Spirit. Thank you Brother. 

One of the surest signs we have as a witness of our salvation is the changed life. Then comes the fruits of the spirit, doing The Lords work, etc. The last two I mentioned are not immediate, they can take awhile to manifest. God has to get your life cleaned up first, though I will say some of the fruits can begin to manifest earlier on. If you are walking after the flesh instead of after the spirit that process of sanctification cannot take place and so you will not be meet for His work. I am experiencing this very thing and I can fully say with all assurance that this is so and I bear witness to it. If you walk after the flesh you WILL fulfill the lusts of the flesh. This will make you useless for The Lords work. It will destroy your joy. It will destroy your peace. It will destroy your fellowship with The Lord. As a result of fellowship with The Lord being broken you will begin to doubt your salvation as well. I have gone through all of this and The Lord is bringing me out now on the other side, PRAISE THE LORD, BUT, I had to stop walking after the flesh for this to happen. I was hindering this process by my unwillingness to mortify the flesh. In some instances I even forgot about the changed life and got really fearful in my doubt and then I would eventually remember that I did have the changed life and then I would feel a bit better. To my shame, this process took over four years, over four years of the new life wasted. What could I have done for The Lord in over four years had I been walking after the spirit? You have that witness in you that you are saved, remember it, pick up, walk after the spirit and get busy doing something for The Lord. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow, thank you Brother. Your testimony is a blessing and encouragement. As I've started to mortify the deeds of the body Romans 8:13 with the Holy Spirits help in the last 2 months. People that I thought were saved are starting to mock my firm belief in the KJB as perfect (these people are supposed King James Bible believers). Some are saying I'm trying to earn my salvation by quiting TV, dressing more modest again, throwing out wicked music and books and standing against sin in this evil world. Aren't we suppose to live righteously?? Not to be saved but because Jesus Christ did save me! 

'Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; "Titus 2:12‭-‬13 KJV

I want to be living for the Lord in ALL areas of my life when He returns for his saints! 

I'll be praying for the to keep Lord strengthening you! Again thank you for the godly encouraging. 

"Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong." 1 Corinthians 16:13 KJV

• Like 1

This video may interest you if you have not seen it TriTaylor.

I'd also agree word for word with what DIVISIVE INERRANTIST said, 4 or 5 years for me as well; still a work in progress obviously.

I think that may just be part of the normal process, a certain maturing over time, that has to take place for one to really come to the end of one's-self; as said, as soon as you are genuinely saved many things will change immediately, but certain things are harder to give up and that can be a different set of problems for everyone.

The "Christians" I worry about are the young ones that claim to not have any problems at all with sin, if you aren't being convicted of sin and sanctified over time you are blind / self-righteous or likely not saved, we are all VERY flawed and it can take a good amount of time to even begin to see how much, let alone choosing to fully yield to God in the process of sanctification.

• Like 2

Vancouver, I will definitely watch this video. Thank you. It helps to see that other truly saved people struggle with sin as a babe in Christ just like me. I felt like the only one at my babel building asking the Lord to clean up my life. 

Some of Bryan's related video's on the subject (calling), for those with interest:

• Like 1

@TriTaylor Speaking from personal experience here and from biblical truth as well... Some advice that will go a long way would be to be very careful as to who you surround yourself with and or who you bring into your life. 

"1 Corinthians  15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.  15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame."

Also, don't try to just help anyone. There are people in the world that are reaping the rewards of their fleshly lives. Helping these people would be a waste of resources as you would be striving against God. Seek the counsel of the Lord before helping the lost. An example of this would be a situation Israel faced in the Old Testament.

"Joshua  9:15 And Joshua made peace with them, and made a league with them, to let them live: and the princes of the congregation sware unto them.  9:16 And it came to pass at the end of three days after they had made a league with them, that they heard that they were their neighbours, and that they dwelt among them.  9:17 And the children of Israel journeyed, and came unto their cities on the third day. Now their cities were Gibeon, and Chephirah, and Beeroth, and Kirjathjearim.  9:18 And the children of Israel smote them not, because the princes of the congregation had sworn unto them by the LORD God of Israel. And all the congregation murmured against the princes.  9:19 But all the princes said unto all the congregation, We have sworn unto them by the LORD God of Israel: now therefore we may not touch them.  9:20 This we will do to them; we will even let them live, lest wrath be upon us, because of the oath which we sware unto them."

Also, I would say to stay firm in the word. I've noticed that when I get away from God's word (for whatever reason/excuse), that's when I fall into temptation and sin. I really hope this will help you. After being saved, I had God only as my source for truth. It took years for me to come across a godly ministry as I was in an apostate building as well. After a close friend (devil that he was) passed away tragically and unexpectedly, some "Christians" in that congregation didn't approve of me missing "church" even given the circumstances. I then decided that if "they" are God's people then I wanted nothing to do with any of it. I started living very wickedly at that point and was angry toward God. But eventually I became pricked at the heart more and more until I was driven to repentance. After seeking the truth, no matter the cost, it became clear that those "Christians" are Satan's people and not God's. Forgive me as I ramble as well... I literally lost everything I had except immediate family, but gained the Lord. I have sinned (more than I would care to share) since then, but there has been much sanctification since then. While seeking the truth, I came across brother Bryan's channel while viewing some of Gene Kim's videos; I couldn't have imagined how much deception is in the world today otherwise. I thought I may as well share a bit of testimony for encouragement as well. I actually got saved out of the KJV bible I received from kindergarten.

Edit: Not saying I was saved in kindergarten, after submitting I saw how this could be misconstrued.

Edited by BornAgainKJB
Clarification
  • Like 1