Shane M

I'm about to kick something 80% of American adults indulge in...

Posted (edited)

This follows the call to sobriety video Bryan has done, and has been a long time battle of mine. Something so looked over that once my eyes were opened to the fulness of it I was almost in shock. Coffee aka caffeine, a drug so socially accepted I didnt realize I was a drug addict. Caffeine is a psychoactive drug, addictive, so addictive the withdraws are treacherous for us who were daily consumers. I have witnessed the full effects of caffeine, I have been an espresso machine repairman going on 5 years now. I see the effects it holds over others around me including myself, whether it be insomnia, depression, anxiety, the shakes, digestive disorders, bloating, loss of concentration, etc. I have been battling with digestion issues and I have finally found the culprit. I thought I had a bladder disorder because of how I would urinate up to 20+ times a day, but after years of gaining tolerance it slowed down. Coffee has over 6x the amount of caffeine as a red bull does, 190+mg per 100ml in espresso style coffee, red bull has around 30 mg per 100ml. I learned caffeine makes you pee out vital vitamins and minerals pre maturely, same thing with fecal matter, it is inflammatory, it made my acne much worse. Once I stopped drinking coffee I had to go home and take a nap immediately the first few days because of how fatigued and drained I felt. It felt like I got hit by a train. This is after I had already cleaned up my diet and I go to the gym 5x a week at the least. I am 22 years old and nothing had so much power over me besides lust. Coffee also makes you more suspectable to eat poorly and binge, it messes with the reward system in your brain. It takes 7-12 days to fully recover the internals of your brain. I was so constipated I couldnt poop in 2 days because my body relied on the coffee to flush me out. Coffee is a drug point blank. It gets you high, ruins your digestive tract, ruins your brain, ruins your skin, and as a former drug addict as a lost man I tell you quitting drugs is easier than skipping a morning cup of coffee. Get sober all you drug addicts, may God convict you for this. Take it from a man who consumed up to 5 of the strongest possible espressos a day. Heres a link i found most helpful .

WWW.CAFFEINEINFORMER.COM

Harmful effects of caffeine are often hard to find. Here are 20+ studies...

Edited by Shane M
  • Like 2

I remember hearing about this years ago but since I don't drink coffee it went to wayside of my mind. I looked up this article on the National Library of Medicine. gov site. 

PUBCHEM.NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV

Caffeine | C8H10N4O2 | CID 2519 - structure, chemical names, physical and...

This is a direct quote. "Caffeine is the most widely consumed psychostimulant drug in the world and is mostly consumed in the form of coffee."

This is just another proof that if the world loves something, it should send alarm bells off in us born again believers.  

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." 1 John 2:15 

I'll be praying for you, Brother 🙏

• Like 2

I started drinking coffee in kindergarten, a full pot every day after school since I was "diagnosed with add/adhd". It got to the point where I would go to starbucks and have one of those iced sugar coffee drinks with three shots of espresso in it. So I think I have been on the caffeine for about 30 years now. Now I have gastro-intestinal issues sometimes when drinking coffee, dry heaving after drinking one cup, etc. I actually had some late last night while uploading my latest sermon to youtube and I messed up the whole night of sleep for me. This has come at an opportune time for me as a rebuke and exhortation. Thank you for this post.

• Like 2
  • Praying 1

I have never been a coffee drinker ever, but used to have (at the worst times) around 2L of soda per day (but only starting around lunch time, never mornings) which I think would be around ~100mg of caffeine for the whole 2L over the course of a day; It's been many years since I've had soda but only stopped sugar altogether maybe 2 years ago.

After around 2 years of drinking nothing but straight water, started to get into tea, occasionally a green or black tea in the morning (I think ~25mg 35mg caffeine respectively), and I started to develop a habit of it (caffeine) without noticing at first as at that time I couldn't quite start being productive without my black tea (which was odd, because I had gone decades never needing anything in the morning before that) so since stepped away from caffeine altogether.

No wonder these coffee companies got so wealthy, legal drug dealers.

• Like 4

Absolutely like I said caffeine withdrawl is so bad most people can barely bare it, it would have been much easier to wein myself off of it but I was so fed up with the control it had over me. If I would have drank a cup or am espresso during my withdrawl time everything would have been back to normal feeling like a million dollars again. But instead It was extreme muscle fatigue, weakness, and a state of depression that lasted 3 days. I'm praying for you @DIVISIVE INERRANTIST I have also noticed caffeine knocked me off my true state of concentration. I was thinking faster than I talked at some points, and my work would be more sloppy / all over the place. It takes 7-12 days for your brain to re wire back to normal so dont give up so soon when you aren't getting back to "normal". I would say I was in the upwards of 500-1000mg of caffeine a day. Hope it goes well brother.

I drink coffee off and on, but I used to drink such a lot in the past. I, too, was addicted to drinking coffee - Then one day, I decided "no." I had what you'd call withdrawal for about two days before things become routine. Then I stopped drinking coffee for a long time that when I now try it, I spit it out for the taste is gross to me. I sometimes get something from Dunkin, but I am relieved that I'm getting disgusted bit by bit. Today, I won't be going to Dunkin Donuts anymore, though I rarely went there anyways. Thank you for this post; you helped me make up my mind. 

• Like 1

The plant that produces coffee beans also absorbs many of the heavy metals from the soil it is grown in. High concentrations of heavy metals are found in coffee beans and have been linked to different diseases due to an overabundance of these metals in the body. One of which is cadmium. I found this out a few months ago, but never said anything about it except to immediate family members that drink it every day. I can't drink coffee and sleep within 6-8 hours of doing so. Thanks for sharing brother.

This is a link to the information copied below:

WWW.UPWELLNESS.COM

Dangerous heavy metal lurks in everything from our batteries to our favorite caffiene...

Cadmium is a toxic heavy metal that’s mainly used in batteries, though it can also be found in cigarettes, hydrogenated oils, and coffee. It’s also used plastics and textile manufacturing and metal plating. Many foods may contain it merely due to its presence in our water and soil. It’s been estimated that the average person ingests 30 micrograms each day, with anywhere from about 3 to 10 percent of it retained by the body. Smokers have been found to have double the amount of cadmium in their bodies as compared to nonsmokers because of the large amount of it in cigarette smoke.

There is no amount of cadmium considered safe – it’s toxic even at low levels and can impact just about every system in the body, including the brain, kidneys, cardiovascular system, reproductive system, and the eyes. It affects blood pressure, prostate function, hormones, and can induce bone damage too. In children, it can also affect dopaminergic and renal systems. The EPA and the International Agency for Research on Cancer have noted that this heavy metal can induce organ damage, and is considered a carcinogen that’s been linked to pancreatic cancer.

• Like 1

I hope people, anyone, reads such. Will be sharing such around, thank you for that link. 

Untitled.png