Trying to get a job, I need some counseling from older folks.

The Situation

I'm 19, and it's very hard for me to get a job here in California: 1.) because of my lack of work force experience, 2.) because muzzle orders(they're not going to hire me unless I mask up). I've been applying for online jobs, and a company called Revature reached out to me (I'm going to have a meeting with them tomorrow). The company hires people with little to no experience in programming, they pay you learn coding, and you get sent to coding bootcamps. After training is over, your wage increases according to the number of years you stay with them: trainees make a little bit above minimum wage, (1 year coders) $45,000, (2 year) $60,000, (3 year) $70,000.

The opportunities sound really nice, however, there is a caveat that puts me off. After a month of training, trainees are informed they must sign a 2 year contract with the company if they want to continue, if there is a breech in the contract (i.e. quitting, working for a different company behind their back, etc.), then you must pay $35,000. I'm Laeodecian when it comes to signing with these people. The only real job I had was being an Amazon Warehouse employee (The Lord chastened me and got me out of that Gulag), and I was an under the table care taker of 2 boys. Is this something an inexperienced young man like me should do; sign a contract with hefty breach fees for the opportunity to learn and get a better paying job upon completion?

Little bit of background about me (Condensed):

I asked Jesus to save me in the summer of 2020 (And he did), during the height of the scamdemic. I decided to quit college because I hated online learning and incompetent professors who have tyrant complexes; later in my chastening, God taught me Colleges were satanic indoctrination camps. I dedicated 2020-2021 to studying the Bible (KJV of course). 2022 starts, I feel like my life is whittling away; the rest of my peers are doing something (Jobs, colleges, indoctrination), and I can't fulfill 2 Thessalonians 3:10,1 Timothy 5:8, because of the current state the world is in. Thankfully, God gave me a family who's tolerant of my stands, but I sure do feel like a useless eater (and an embarrassment).

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Sean said:

I asked Jesus to save me in the summer of 2020 (And he did), during the height of the scamdemic. I decided to quit college because I hated online learning and incompetent professors who have tyrant complexes; later in my chastening, God taught me Colleges were satanic indoctrination camps. I dedicated 2020-2021 to studying the Bible (KJV of course). 2022 starts, I feel like my life is whittling away; the rest of my peers are doing something (Jobs, colleges, indoctrination), and I can't fulfill 2 Thessalonians 3:10,1 Timothy 5:8, because of the current state the world is in. Thankfully, God gave me a family who's tolerant of my stands, but I sure do feel like a useless eater (and an embarrassment).

Huh that's very similar to my testimony, just that I'm 25 now and that I had just finished college in 2020 before I was saved. Hmmm I also felt and sometimes feel the same as you. For 8 months I accepted a job with muzzle but left it in 2021 because I couldn't stand that anymore (also vax mandates looming). Now praise the Lord I am working online, not much, but it's something.

Of course it would be best not to get involved with that kind of contract. I understand the job is completed after those 2 years are finished. You would have to read the conditions of that contract in detail though. What is the company policy towards unvaxxed employees? If you sign and then refuse a vax mandate, would you be held accountable for breaching the contract and forced to pay the 35,000? How do you see it in the long run with this rapidly changing world? 2 years is a very long time with all that's going on, anything could happen in mere months...

Has the Lord shown you any other alternatives to this? Do you have any skills you can teach maybe? Well, regardless of a secular paying job, we should always work in the Lord in whatever capacity He gives us, and that is still work! Take it to the Lord in prayer and ask Him if you should accept or not, and to guide you to more possible options. =).

1 hour ago, ryoji said:

Of course it would be best not to get involved with that kind of contract. I understand the job is completed after those 2 years are finished. You would have to read the conditions of that contract in detail though. What is the company policy towards unvaxxed employees? If you sign and then refuse a vax mandate, would you be held accountable for breaching the contract and forced to pay the 35,000? How do you see it in the long run with this rapidly changing world? 2 years is a very long time with all that's going on, anything could happen in mere months...

I can see that vax thing being a big problem, I'll ask those questions during the meeting today. On the bright side, I don't have to commit to them until 1month into the training program; so I'll test to see if coding is something I want to do.

Has the Lord shown you any other alternatives to this? Do you have any skills you can teach maybe?

Well, there is a restaurant nearby where the owner doesn't require his employees to wear masks (despite masking orders), I'm going to drop by this Saturday and hand in my resume. As far as skills, I was told by the mother of the 2 boys I tutored that I'm great at teaching; I've been applying to tutoring companies, but they want someone with experience, but I can't get the experience unless they hire me (paradox).

Take it to the Lord in prayer and ask Him if you should accept or not

I have, and a verse that keeps popping up in my head is: Romans 13:8 "Owe no man any thing...", but I've also heard from one of Bryan's sermons that there are verses that permit slavery (kind of the situation I'm posed with).

Update

I just finished the interview with the Revature people. They aren't accepting anyone that doesn't have a Bachelors or an Associates degree. I also asked them questions about the 2 year contract breech and cost (my goal was to make the 100+ candidates aware that there was a hefty fine for breech in the meeting), as well as if they vaccine mandate employees. They completely skirted around my contract question like a politician ($45,000 is the fine for contract breech, but they don't tell you that). As for the vaccine mandating employees, they don't force it, but their clients do: dude on the bottom left hand said something around the line of, "it's an ever evolving matter, so maybe we'll see it happening to our employees in the future" .

Getting a job in this time is hard, but still going to keep trying. Even if I met their requirements, I wouldn't work for them because they answered my questions like Jen Psaki.

Snake Oil & Sodomite.jpg

• Like 1
On 1/6/2022 at 3:29 PM, Sean said:

Well, there is a restaurant nearby where the owner doesn't require his employees to wear masks (despite masking orders), I'm going to drop by this Saturday and hand in my resume. As far as skills, I was told by the mother of the 2 boys I tutored that I'm great at teaching; I've been applying to tutoring companies, but they want someone with experience, but I can't get the experience unless they hire me (paradox).

That sounds great! I pray the LORD guides you on that. Yeah the experience thing is ridiculous... Maybe put an ad online to offer tutoring classes or whatever you can teach? You reach all the country and even all the world, and the chances of someone booking classes with you is a lot higher. That's what I did and so far I've had 3 students thanks to the LORD. It can serve you to gain experience which you can then add to your resume later.

On 1/6/2022 at 8:06 PM, Sean said:

I just finished the interview with the Revature people. They aren't accepting anyone that doesn't have a Bachelors or an Associates degree. I also asked them questions about the 2 year contract breech and cost (my goal was to make the 100+ candidates aware that there was a hefty fine for breech in the meeting), as well as if they vaccine mandate employees. They completely skirted around my contract question like a politician ($45,000 is the fine for contract breech, but they don't tell you that). As for the vaccine mandating employees, they don't force it, but their clients do: dude on the bottom left hand said something around the line of, "it's an ever evolving matter, so maybe we'll see it happening to our employees in the future" .

Getting a job in this time is hard, but still going to keep trying. Even if I met their requirements, I wouldn't work for them because they answered my questions like Jen Psaki.

Huh yeah that's that then.,,