Adam Moore

California Tells Houses Of Worship To Discontinue Singing Amid Worsening COVID-19 Pandemic

SACRAMENTO (CBS SF / CNN) — While you can still attend in-person church services in California, you can’t sing.

The state, to curb a rapidly worsening pandemic, has temporarily banned singing and chanting in places of worship.

“Places of worship must therefore discontinue singing and chanting activities,” he state’s Department of Public Health said in their latest guidance for houses of worship posted Wednesday (.pdf).

“Practices and performances present an increased likelihood for transmission of Covid-19 through contaminated exhaled droplets and should occur through alternative methods like internet streaming,” health officials went to say in its updated order.

California has had more than 24,000 coronavirus cases. On Tuesday, it announced 6,367 cases, the second highest total for the state since the pandemic began. This has prompted Gov. Gavin Newsom to tighten restrictions.

Covid patients make up for about 30% of all hospitalizations, according to state data.

Singing at services has proven to be one way to spread a virus, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The agency studied how coronavirus spread from one member to 87% of the singers at a Washington choir practice and said in a report:

“The act of singing, itself, might have contributed to transmission through emission of aerosols, which is affected by loudness of vocalization.”

SANFRANCISCO.CBSLOCAL.COM

While you can still attend in-person church services in California, you can't sing.

• Like 1

The pastor of the babel building my Mom still attends here in CA is refusing to comply with this law. He still has some common sense. Though he is teaching from the pulpit the truth about corona only being as bad as the flu and that masks not effective, as he wears one up to the point of preaching...🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TriTaylor said:

The pastor of the babel building my Mom still attends here in CA is refusing to comply with this law. He still has some common sense. Though he is teaching from the pulpit the truth about corona only being as bad as the flu and that masks not effective, as he wears one up to the point of preaching...🤔

I hope more people stand up and speak out.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 9:18 AM, Adam Moore said:

I hope more people stand up and speak out.

I really hope so too but people that I talk to just don't want to hear it. They would rather live in fear. So sad to see all the evil in this world and the deception. I pray daily my family will be saved before the Lord calls us up. 

• Like 1