Exposing the Legend of Zelda - Part 1: "Christian" origins

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

---

FOREWORD

First of all, I would like to repent before the Lord for the abominable idolatry I was into back when I was a lost man under videogames. Glory to Him who has showed me the truth and made me rightly hate those unfruitful works of darkness, designed to captivate and draw away attention from the glory and majesty of the Most High God, the Lord Jesus Christ. It is now that looking back I see all the wicked stuff I was exposed to, from occult themes to blatant blasphemies and all perverseness on screen.

This has been an idea going through my mind ever since I got saved and started to learn the true meanings and symbolism of the Bible and how the lost world perverts them into false gospels like fake religions and New Age. Up until now I didn't know how to present or make this study exposing and rebuking some of this, and still don't know really, but for now I think I'll share with you my findings and reasonings here. 

From all the videogames I used to find vane pleasure in, The Legend of Zelda takes the cake for the most crafty and subtle game being filled with demonic content. It is not blatantly obscene, like other games like Doom with all their gore and disgusting themes, but much like Harry Potter, it presents to the youth the evil of witchcraft and "magic" in a sweet, friendly and appealing chocolate coating.

To those unfamiliar with the series, it was created in 1986 by designer Shigeru Miyamoto, a top personality in the industry working for Nintendo, a man whom I once admired but now eschew as lost and very much possible involved in the occult, seeing the tremendous international success of other of his inventions, which include the famous Super Mario. In a similar manner to Walt Disney, who is also still regarded as a kid-loving, charming and brilliant gentleman, I believe Miyamoto also has a pretty dark closet in his soul, but I digress... That is not for me to judge.

What I can judge though, with the Scriptures in hand and Lord willing, are his fruits. I can't do anything now that I'm saved with all the useless "knowledge" I got from years and years of playing videogames, but at least I can apply it to exposing them for caution of others. And believe me, I am an "expert" on those matters, to my shame.

To the brethren: I know this is a strange subject and I really don't know how to handle it or if it's even worth it, but I hope you like it anyways. I'm partly motivated by Bryan's exposé of the Lord of the Rings, thanks to which I found his channel to begin with. If you know something or have any thoughts please share.

---

CONTENT (subject to change)

I. "Christian" origins

Ideas for future studies

Twisted Godhead: the 3 golden goddesses

The double satanic trinity in the form of the 3 golden goddesses and Link, Zelda and Ganondorf.

Triangles galore

Link the Beast, Ganon the Dragon and Zelda the False Prophet

More possible interpretations on the figures of Link, Ganon and Zelda

Hylia the Great Harlot

The Legend of Zelda or The Catholic Crusade against Islam

Mark of the Sheikah, the Hylian Jesuits

Fallen from Skyloft

The Great Flood. No, seriously!

Vaati and the Illuminati

The Divine Beasts, Hylian Cherubim

What the Future Holds: the Sequel of Breath of the Wild and the Rise of the Son of Perdition from the Bottomless Pit into the Beast

Edited by ryoji

I. "Christian" origins

Unbeknownst to most people are the supposed Christian origins of this multi-million worth franchise. Quoting from Zeldapedia, we learn the following facts:

Christianity was the intended religion of the Legend of Zelda series prior to the creation of the Golden Goddesses. Based on the real world religion, its existence is very vague, but it is implied throughout the early installments of the series.

---

Early artwork of Link, the hero, from the third game shows him praying to a figure of Christ crucified. Not only that, but his shield bears the image of a cross, and he can be seen as a "crusader" of sorts. In any case, we already find that it is not true, biblical Christianity which it is based upon, but Catholicism. We will hopefully address the awful concoction of Catholicism, mysticism and witchcraft of the series in future studies.

We also find in the first installment of the series a book called directly "the Bible" in the very game, albeit only in the Japanese version:

Interestingly, the Book of Magic resembles a stereotypical depiction of the holy book of Christianity, the Bible, as it has a cross on its cover. This is due to the fact that the Book of Magic was actually called the Bible in the Japanese version of the game. It was likely changed for all subsequent releases due to Nintendo of America's strict content guidelines.

Christianity.pngBook_of_Magic.pngTLoZ_FDS_Box.png

Now, a red flag already pops up, as "the Bible" is considered as a "Book of Magic", a spell grimoire, which is a huge blasphemy against the word of God. The Bible strictly forbids such books and the use of witchcraft: 

Acts 19:18 And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds.19 Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.

Furthermore, Zeldapedia states about the book:

The Book of Magic, also known as the Magic Book, is an item from The Legend of Zelda. It is one of two treasures of Level 8 during the First Quest. In the Second Quest, the book can be found in Level 4. If Link already has the Magical Rod, obtaining the Book of Magic changes the nature of the spell cast by the wand; when the magic sent from the wand hits a wall or other solid object, it bursts into flame. [...]

We can easily draw another blasphemous parallel between this and the Scriptures:

2 Kings 1:12 And Elijah answered and said unto them, If I be a man of God, let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And the fire of God came down from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.

Luke 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
  55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. 

----

The blatant Catholic and religious references have been hidden in future games under the guise of the "Hylian religion" predominant in the world of the game. But let's look at some more examples:

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - The Cross, a Christian symbol and relic, is an obtainable item that is used to make invisible objects such as the Moa become visible. Additionally, Wizzrobes have red crosses on the front of their robes.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Although this game rang in the religion of the Golden Goddesses and the Triforce, official artwork was released regardless that depicted Link kneeling before a crucifix. Right before the entrance to the Desert Palace, Link finds a tablet which, if read by using the Book of Mudora, tells him to pray to open the door. He then draws a cross on his chest while the first nine notes of the Sanctuary theme play. Incidentally, there is a pentagram inside of the Desert Palace in the Japanese version, though this was replaced with a nonsensical symbol in International versions. The Loyal Sage character was also a priest in the Japanese version, and his Sanctuary was intended to be a church.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - The Sanctuary returns in A Link Between Worlds, the direct sequel to A Link to the Past.

---

So, in this post, we learned that Catholicism was (and primarily is as we will see in the future) the main source for worldbuilding and looked at a couple of examples from the games themselves.

Sources

https://zelda.fandom.com/wiki/Christianity

https://zelda.gamepedia.com/The_Legend_of_Zelda

https://zelda.fandom.com/wiki/Book_of_Magic

Edited by ryoji

From the Zelda saga I played Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on the N64, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on the GC, Link's Awakening DX on a GB emulator, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks on the DS, and briefly tried some others (SNES and other GBC).

All the magic and mythology stuff never really attracted me. I was more into the technological sci-fi nonsense, ignoring how that is just a modern take on the same old godless satanic philosophy, and the principles are just the same, which is particularly evident today with all the mixing of classical magic and modern technology that you can see in so many "entertainment products". But the maganizes I started buying were raving about this Zelda thing, so I bought into it and got hooked.
I was never too comfortable with the "magic and dungeons" stuff, though.

Yes, Shigeru Miyamoto has quite a dark side to him that you can kind of see if you pay attention. I'm talking about personally. He's been known to stab people in the back, apparently, and, for some time, I started seeing this "rock-star" attitude in him, and I was like "come on, Miya, don't be like this", because I had this idealized image of him thanks to all the praise he received in the magazines I used to read.
Maybe you've missed it, but this year they're introducing a Super Mario Theme park in Japan, and they intend to bring them over to the USA and Europe. Just like good ol' Walt...

According to him, his games tend to have just the necessary ammount of history and are centered in the gameplay, which is for the most part true, even in the Zelda series, at least in the 80s and 90s, but I guess the games that came after started fleshing out all the mythology and story arches more and more. I never played any of the newer games, and stopped following these things closely, as I wasn't buying the consoles or anything either.

It may be interesting to see what parallelisms you've found. I'm interested in that Sheikah-Jesuit relation you mention. Although for me this is more of a curiosity than anything else.
Are you planning on preaching to Zelda fans about this?

Edited by radorn
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, radorn said:

From the Zelda saga I played Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on the N64, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on the GC, Link's Awakening DX on a GB emulator, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks on the DS, and briefly tried some others (SNES and other GBC).

All the magic and mythology stuff never really attracted me. I was more into the technological sci-fi nonsense, ignoring how that is just a modern take on the same old godless satanic philosophy, and the principles are just the same, which is particularly evident today with all the mixing of classical magic and modern technology that you can see in so many "entertainment products". But the maganizes I started buying were raving about this Zelda thing, so I bought into it and got hooked.
I was never too comfortable with the "magic and dungeons" stuff, though.

I played all of them =P I was a huge Nintendo nerd, I mean, I used to know the name of all the pokemon back when they were around 600. To me it was the opposite, I preferred magic and mythology to technological sci-fi.

According to him, his games tend to have just the necessary ammount of history and are centered in the gameplay, which is for the most part true, even in the Zelda series, at least in the 80s and 90s, but I guess the games that came after started fleshing out all the mythology and story arches more and more. I never played any of the newer games, and stopped following these things closely, as I wasn't buying the consoles or anything either.

It may be interesting to see what parallelisms you've found. I'm interested in that Sheikah-Jesuit relation you mention. Although for me this is more of a curiosity than anything else.

Yes I read about the Super Mario theme park. Those things are really the elephants in the room which nobody seems to address seriously, and if anyone tries to expose them, people get very defensive. Who dares question good old Mickey Mouse and the "all-time classics" from Disney? Or Nintendo's whimsical and kid-friendly videogames like Zelda for that matter? After all, "they are kid-friendly and fun, what do you mean they are satanic? You're crazy".

You know, not too long ago I approached one of my near lifelong friends about my conversion to Christ and that I wasn't going to keep doing what we used to do (go to the movies, play videogames etc) and he started to tell me "well I don't think what you watch affects you" and "are you going to submit to what a book tells you to do?". I tried to explain him all the occult meanings and how they manipulate you with them but he wouldn't budge. Very sad.

Well, you played Ocarina of Time, if you remember the Shadow Temple, there you have a very big clue about the Sheikah =P In the latest game, Breath of the Wild from 2017, is where things got serious with them, because up until that point they were barely seen in the games, but now the Jesuit/Inquisition vibes are off the charts. Basically, in a nutshell, Zelda is the Pope and the royal family the religious hierarchs, and the Sheikah are the ones who do the "dirty work" for them from the shadows.

Are you planning on preaching to Zelda fans about this?

I have no idea. As I wrote I have no clue what to do with this information or if it's really worth it to share at all. I thought about simply putting it out there. I was just now thinking that maybe I could send it to brother Jacob, maybe he likes the idea and posts it on his site.

Edited by ryoji
6 hours ago, ryoji said:

if you remember the Shadow Temple, there you have a very big clue about the Sheikah

I remember there being a Shadow Temple, the one I liked the least, because of the theme, and the one-eyed drum-beating zombie boss, which, now that I think about it, follows the theme of the sheikah one-eyed symbol... as for that big clue... I have no, ahem, clue about that. I played this back in December 1998 when they released it. I never replayed it... actually that's not true, I just remembered that someone lent me a 3DS some years ago and I did play the Ocarina remake, but I don't remember much of it.

My memory has turned to mush thanks to all the years depression and rot...

Edited by radorn
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, radorn said:

I remember there being a Shadow Temple, the one I liked the least, because of the theme, and the one-eyed drum-beating zombie boss, which, now that I think about it, follows the theme of the sheikah one-eyed symbol... as for that big clue... I have no, ahem, clue about that. I played this back in December 1998 when they released it. I never replayed it... actually that's not true, I just remembered that someone lent me a 3DS some years ago and I did play the Ocarina remake, but I don't remember much of it.

My memory has turned to mush thanks to all the years depression and rot...

You don't miss much by not remembering. It's basically a compound of torture rooms, theorized by the fans to be for war prisoners of the civil war the game mentions. The Sheikah are Catholics to a T, they appear as these ascetic and "holy" monks who worship the "holy" goddess Hylia (which is a figure of the "Catholic Mary" the Queen of Heaven, the Great Harlot) and run the affairs for the religious power of the royal family of Hyrule. Behind the scenes though, their town's well is an underground dungeon and their temple is a torture compound, much like the Vatican's underground.

• wow! 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I was replying to someone on YouTube over a defense he was making about "nothing wrong with playing some Mario Kart", and, while I was telling him about some "interesting" facts about Shigeru Miyamoto, I remembered that years ago he actually was awarded with the "Prince of Asturias award".

So I checked his wiki article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shigeru_Miyamoto#Awards_and_recognition

- In 2006, Miyamoto was made a Chevalier (knight) of the French Ordre des Arts et des Lettres
- In 2012, Miyamoto was also the first interactive creator to be awarded the highest recognition in Spain, the Prince of Asturias Award, in the category of Communications and Humanities

Catholic awards...  The guy is in the entertainment industry, he has a thing for Disney too, his games, aimed mainly at children, often contain occultic stuff... and he has the approval and recognition of Catholic organizations. He's even a knight in France.

How much to make of this? I don't know, but I don't think they would have chosen him if his stuff was "clean" and "innocent".

• Like 1