It's good to back online. For those of you who don't know, I started working on web development last year to replace the previous WordPress system with something bug-free and user friendly that would last for years to come.

Being inspired to learn on and build up the talents God gave me with computers, I've spent the better part of the last 12 months learning all things related to web development. Over this time, I've learned and touched on dozens of subjects including, HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP, JSON, MySQL, Programming Theory, Best Practices, Models, Design, UI, UX, DevOps and many more subjects that in the end, all relate to this website.

The New Website
I believe with the world currently going sideways; we needed a better platform to share and communicate now more than ever. After much thought and prayer, I decided to go ahead with the upgrade and work on the website section by section over time. Rather than delaying and trying to have it all done at once.

So over the last week, I've logged a good 50 or 60 hours working on the website, and I still have quite a bit to do. You can read the update page (TODO) to see what I've done so far and what I plan to prioritize going forward. I'm still working on some basic sections, like the videos, downloads, galleries, databases, and pages, but I can continue working on those sections over time.

Please let me know if you have any problems or suggestions for the website. Also if anyone would like to help out, please let me know.

New Features and Improvements
Way too many to list here but you can read about the new software at https://invisioncommunity.com/features or feel free to take a look around, try things out and see everything for yourself.

Please Note: All returning members will need to register on the new website.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but after much thought, this decision was made to ensure the integrity and longevity of the new member database.

• Thanks 2

Great to be back, all your hard work is appreciated; I'd like to help in any way I can.

As for suggestions, the implementation of some kind of 'dark mode' would be nice, as the bright white screen is kind of hard on the eyes.

I was so happy to see the site back up. Thank you for putting in the long hours. This is such a safe haven being that there are no other like minded born again bible believers in my area. They all still hold onto their IFB babel building! 

Edited by TriTaylor
word change
  • Like 1

I remembered you suggested that before, and already have some darker colors selected with the other backgrounds. You can change the background image and colors by clicking the little icon at the far right of the menu bar. I can also customize the colors, if you let me know what you would like.

The next update for Invision also includes a dark mode, It's currently in beta 4 so it shouldn't be very much longer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The ability to customize colors would be ideal, if it's possible. 

I really like black background with orange text which I use for Notepad++ and is really easy on the eyes (yet with enough contrast)
to work for extended periods of time with large amounts of text.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't think Bryan has made it over here yet, the website is still a bit of a work in progress.

On 6/29/2020 at 3:43 PM, DIVISIVE INERRANTIST said:

Thank you brother for making a "dark mode". My eyes are not what they used to be, that helps a lot.

On 6/29/2020 at 6:26 PM, Vancouver said:

The ability to customize colors would be ideal, if it's possible. 

I really like black background with orange text which I use for Notepad++ and is really easy on the eyes (yet with enough contrast)
to work for extended periods of time with large amounts of text.

I guess the new dark mode I was reading about is only for the administrator page, so we'll have to find or create one for the main website.

They have a fair amount of them here.

INVISIONCOMMUNITY.COM

If you guys find one you like I can add it to the website.

We can also easily tweak the colors of the current or a new theme. If one of you guys were interested, I can give you access, create a copy of the current theme and you can customize it to your liking. Pretty simple to do, just point and click but lots of colors to choose from.

@God is The Prince if Peace

(based just on what has been said in videos, in passing) Bryan has mentioned reading at least a chapter a day as part of a family thing, I'm sure much more than that, especially on a case by case basis depending on what he is studying at any particular time.

One thing I didn't realize, until I finally got one, is that quality bibles are actually pretty tough and durable.

Many recommend LCBP but they don't ship to Canada so I went with the very similar CBP.

I also really like listening to the Alexander Scourby KJV reading, which Bryan has also mentioned a few times.

For those interested in Bryan's 'sword' collection 🗡️

• Like 1

Attempted to put together a dark mode that seems to work well enough for now, some pages look a little off; work in progress.

At the bottom of the page there is a small "Theme" button to make the change:
dark.gif.4acfbea81d0c92160706563bef6d4352.gif

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Vancouver said:

Attempted to put together a dark mode that seems to work well enough for now, some pages look a little off; work in progress.

At the bottom of the page there is a small "Theme" button to make the change:
dark.gif.4acfbea81d0c92160706563bef6d4352.gif

Looks good!