Here's what we have, should we tweak these? The Positive +1 affect the members reputation, we can also add a dislike or a negative, once a post, or a member receives a set amount they can be automatically hidden for review.

Positive (+1)

Thanks Enabled
Positive (+1)

Haha Enabled
Positive (+1)

Confused Enabled
Neutral

Sad Enabled
Neutral

Praying Enabled
Neutral

• Like 1

I don't really like the ❤️ symbol (or certain similar symbols in general), it's not that big a deal, just saying.

Perhaps ✔️ or ⬆️ or 👍 for like

heart.thumb.jpg.d5fe130bbe0153137f982b7bbfdd1c26.jpg
👈 The Catholics seem to love it,

as well as:

"Another belief has the ❤️ symbol
originating from the shape of leaves, typically ivy leaves.

The Greeks associated ivy with the god Dionysus,
the god of passion, wine, and other sensual things."

In addition to haha 😆,  confused 😕, and sad 😢.

Maybe adding some along the lines of shocked / surprised 🤯, disappointment 😞 ?

(I think all reactions should be +1)

Someone might, for example, post a news story that makes you sad or otherwise disappointed, but sad 😢 (+1) because you are sad but appreciate it being shared.

For a dislike or a negative Perhaps  (-1)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe it would be better if: "thanks symbol" is (+2) . I'll give Vancouver "Thanks" symbol because, he taught me from where "Heart" symbol originates.

"Checked" symbol sounds good that should be (neutral). It just means "I read it",
I get anxious if no one "like" my comment, then I think I wrote something stupid, LOL.

"Like/heart/thumbs up" comment should be (+1.) 

"Hahaha" should be (+2.)

1 Cor 14:33 says "For God is not the author of confusion..."..so does it mean "confusion" needs to be (-2). I saw some posts on old KJVM forum that were very confusing.

We need "cringe/facepalm" symbol definitely (-1).

"Sad" symbol should be (neutral).

"Praying symbol" (neutral)

Maybe "magnifier symbol" for research effort (+4)

That's it ......

• Like 2

I think it would be wise to keep it simple, especially with any emoji that subtracts reputation. Any sort of confused, cringe, etc. emoji that someone reacts to may relate to the content itself and not the user, thus flagging them falsely for review.

Your average user probably won't understand how reputation works and might end up placing "confused" or "cringe" under a user's post where they exposed a false teacher's wacky doctrine. Those users reacting are reacting towards the content itself, not the user who posted it.

Perhaps make the emojis that subtracts its reputation very clear in there purpose. "Disagree" or "Thumbs Down", or something along those lines, where users know they're reacting toward the user them self rather than the content the user posted.

I think the heart should be changed as Vancouver said - I never thought of that. Good catch. Marijo's magnifier symbol is a great idea as well as any kind of research is very valuable and should be recognized.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Christopher Milby said:

I think it would be wise to keep it simple, especially with any emoji that subtracts reputation. Any sort of confused, cringe, etc. emoji that someone reacts to may relate to the content itself and not the user, thus flagging them falsely for review.

Your average user probably won't understand how reputation works and might end up placing "confused" or "cringe" under a user's post where they exposed a false teacher's wacky doctrine. Those users reacting are reacting towards the content itself, not the user who posted it.

I remember from a book on design I listened to (Intuitive Design: Eight Steps to an Intuitive UI), that most custom icons have little meaning to end-users. For example, our coffee cup icon at the top, I picked that icon for the notifications because the original didn't do a better job explaining what function it represented. While the design looks nice, at a glance, it offers no affordances as to what it does (show notifications). It does have discoverability; a little red icon will pop up on it, letting you know when something is there, and if you hover over it, "notifications" pops up, letting you know the function.

Now, what does the Sad Smiley do? 

The trophy?

The heart?

Like Christopher said, the average user probably won't understand how reputation works, I think however we do it, it should be on the simpler side.

As an example, the StackOverflow system of up-votes or down-votes is simple to understand, up = positive, down =negative, and is instantly learned by the user, but I think we all want a bit more variety than this.

The prayer reaction we added, I think, works well. It conveys without saying prayer, and the pop up confirms praying. Most people looking at it will be able to tell what it is intuitively and will be able to discover the "praying" pop up when they hover over it. I agree rep for prayer should be neutral.

I like the idea of getting rid of the heart, and maybe a research icon or thanks giving extra rep, as I think we all focus on research quite a bit.

We can also limit the amount of reputation a member can give each day.

• Like 1

Brother Milby is right, good point. Thanks for correction.

And this is not some Forum with many topics where lost people gather to talk about everything (sports, politics, history...etc etc).
We don't need cringe,facepalm,angry emojis, because nobody will rate written COMMENTS here with those emojis, those comments will probably be deleted.

Keep it simple.

Prayer emoji is very useful, Adam.

Research definitely needs to be awarded....

I remember sister in Christ did some research on Patreon about Unicorns in The Bible. I am into that stuff, giants,dragons, flat earth....

• Like 1

I remember reading somewhere the human brain can easily store about 3-7 pieces of information in a set, with less being easier, and more being harder. We also tend to remember the first and last pieces of information in a set.

So if you give someone 7 pieces of information, the ones in the middle will become "blurry" and won't be remembered as easily as the first or last ones. If you give the same person 3 pieces of information, the brain will naturally hold on to the first and last pieces, making the middle easier to remember.

If I asked you to remember the numbers: 123456789

vs.

If I asked you to remember the numbers: 123 456 789

This can help with memory retention, as well. You can make sets of things that are easier for yourself to remember.

Back to the reactions, I think between 3-6 is about the right number.

So maybe have:

Like, Thumbs up: +1

Praying, Hands: 0

Inappropriate/Mark for review?, Exclamation Point in a Triangle, Warning Sign, or a Flag? -1

or

Trophy/Research: +5

Praying: 0

Warning Sign: -1

or

Trophy/Research: +5

Praying: 0

Happy: +1

Sad: +1

Confused: 0

Warning Sign: -1

I'm not really sure myself, but it the warning/negative should be clearly marked. I checked into icons a bit, but didn't really see anything that stuck out to me. Lots of choices too, does anyone want to take a look and see if they find something?

WWW.FLATICON.COM

Download all icons in SVG, PSD, PNG, EPS format or as webfonts

WWW.ICONFINDER.COM

Iconfinder is the leading search engine and market place for vector icons in SVG, PNG, CSH and AI format.
ICONS8.COM

Designers, download the design stuff for free — icons, photos, UX illustrations, and music for your videos.

I'd say:

👍 Like: +1

🔎 Thanks (research work): +5

🙏 Praying: 0

😃 Happy: +1

☹️ Sad: +1

😖 Confused: 0

⚠️ Warning / Caution: -1

• Like 1