Posted (edited)

It is the end of the day, and you are thinking about how you lived through that day. Please share what did you learn that day. What did God teach you from Bible? Share some Bible verses or new insights about yourself,God,or this world. Did something happen to you that day? Did Lord bless you or chastisement you, what lessons you learned from that?

"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."
"Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do."

Edited by Marijo Juric
  • Like 2

The Lord has been working on me for a while with these two verses. 

"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit."Proverbs 26:4‭-‬5 KJV 

I get very passionate about defending the truth, the King James Bible and anything regarding the Lord. Many times I have to take a step back and ask God if I'm debating for the sake of debating and being prideful or if I  truly do need to speak up. It's a daily struggle. 

What has the Lord been showing you Brother Marijo? 

• Like 2

@Marijo Juric Amen, Proverbs 27:17

In the process of sanctification I've been gaining experience in recognizing sin and temptation afar off, and acting fast (avoidance / prayer) as to not fail myself and earn the wages of sin, and suffering chastisement.

A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished.
Proverbs 27:12

God seems to have great blessings, in rewarding obedience, but I must learn to wait with patience and faith.

This is a generation (including myself) with the expectation of immediate gratification, but God's timing is perfect and generally seems slower than one would expect or desire.

I've been getting into growing plants and it has been a blessing, watching days, weeks, months, as they slowly grow, how one is rewarded over time with patient and diligent care:

flower1.thumb.jpg.c36b94341bc41d4de8a957356f4218af.jpgBut let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted: But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away. For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways. Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. Do not err, my beloved brethren. James 1:6-16

I think many of us share such experiences @TriTaylor and have the conflict of debates for pride (self satisfaction) vs boldly standing for unpopular truths (humble service):

I many times have to focus on,

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Colossians 3:12-17

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

Just now, when speaking to my mother on why Jew isn't a bad word to use to identify someone who is a Jew because it was man who made the word "Jew" into an insult.

Aka, some Jews get offended if you don't call them "Jewish."

Jew is used throughout the Biblical Scriptures, which correlates to the 12 Bloodlines. They are Jews. (Jew refers to Jacob, Israel).

The word Jewish shouldn't be used toward Jews for Jewish indicates someone who is not of the 12 bloodlines, but one who studies Judaism.

The only time Jewish is used is when such refers to traditions.

Only 1 verse of Scripture: Titus 1 -> 14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

Due to the above and just figuring this out, Thanks to The Lord, I know now that A Jew is to be called a Jew, not Jewish.

In contrast, those who are into Judaism and not Jew by blood are Jewish. (Aka, Gentiles who study Judaism).

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.” - Revelation 3:9 KJV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking at what is going on today with Israel and the Palestinians connections to what I just read in Pslams that connects to today and the future as stated in the KJV:

" They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance. For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee: The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites; of Moab, and the Hagarenes; Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre; Assur also is joined with them: they have holpen the children of Lot. Selah. Do unto them as unto the Midianites; as to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the brook of Kison: Which perished at Endor: they became as dung for the earth. " - Psalms 83:4-10 (KJV)

" So persecute them with thy tempest, and make them afraid with thy storm. Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O LORD. Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish: That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth." - Psalms 83:15-18 (KJV)

WWW.KINGJAMESBIBLEONLINE.ORG

Psalms chapter 83 KJV (King James Version)

Encase you didn't know: Philistines = Palestinians

• 2 weeks later...

I am just watching this video, and it reminded me on Ephesians 5:27 "That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish."

Bryan made a good point at the beginning of his "A call to fight video" ; I need to be sanctified with God's word first before fight. John 17:17 "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."  ; And separate myself from everything that separates me from God.

I wrote a comment under Bryan's video, I heard that from a Navy Seal drill Sargent. "If I can't trust you with a uniform, how I can trust you with a gun."
I got hyped out when I started watching Bryan's video, but I need to watch rest of his "A call to studies..." first. 

Those guy's uniforms are "super sanctified".We can look upon, as a bible believing Christians on those guy's work ethic and dedication. 

James Chap. 2

Not going into great detail, may in due time on each area- just posting.

Pslams 140, 136, 135, 128, 118, 117, 116, 115, 113, 112, 111, 110, 106, 105, 103, 101, 100, 97, 91, 89, 83, 78, 72, 71, 70, 68, 63, 62, 54, 51, 49, 46, 37, 35, 33

( 103 -> “Who forgiueth all thine iniquities: who healeth all thy diseases.” ) -> Natural Health, foods, Natural medicine

( 54 -> “Saue me, O God, by thy name, and iudge me by thy strength.” ) -> “For whosoeuer shall call vpon the Name of the Lord, shall be saued.” Romans 10 13 KJV

-

“Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.” - Romans 14:1

“And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.” - Job 28:28

-

“Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.” - Proverbs 3:7

“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.” - Proverbs 1:7

-

“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.” - Psalms 111:10

“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” - 1 Corinthians 2:14

-

“The wise shall inherite glory, but shame shalbe the promotion of fooles.” - Proverbs 3:35 (1611)

Pslams:

140 -> 9,10,11 & 141 -> 9,10 | Self explanatory

" As for the head of those that compass me about, let the mischief of their own lips cover them. 10Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again. 11Let not an evil speaker be established in the earth: evil shall hunt the violent man to overthrow him."

" Keep me from the snares which they have laid for me, and the gins of the workers of iniquity. 10Let the wicked fall into their own nets, whilst that I withal escape."

- - - -

Nice to read for his mercy endureth for ever. Repent when you get stuck. Pray without ceasing. 

136 -> " O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever. O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever."

&

" To him which divided the Red sea into parts: for his mercy endureth for ever: And made Israel to pass through the midst of it: for his mercy endureth for ever: But overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red sea: for his mercy endureth for ever. To him which led his people through the wilderness: for his mercy endureth for ever. To him which smote great kings: for his mercy endureth for ever: And slew famous kings: for his mercy endureth for ever: Sihon king of the Amorites: for his mercy endureth for ever: And Og the king of Bashan: for his mercy endureth for ever: And gave their land for an heritage: for his mercy endureth for ever: Even an heritage unto Israel his servant: for his mercy endureth for ever. Who remembered us in our low estate: for his mercy endureth for ever: And hath redeemed us from our enemies: for his mercy endureth for ever. Who giveth food to all flesh: for his mercy endureth for ever. O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever."

- - - -

Great and Strong is the Lord.

135 -> " Whatsoever the LORD pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places. He causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings for the rain; he bringeth the wind out of his treasuries. Who smote the firstborn of Egypt, both of man and beast. Who sent tokens and wonders into the midst of thee, O Egypt, upon Pharaoh, and upon all his servants. Who smote great nations, and slew mighty kings; Sihon king of the Amorites, and Og king of Bashan, and all the kingdoms of Canaan: And gave their land for an heritage, an heritage unto Israel his people."

&

Mammon, destruction, foolishness:

" The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not; They have ears, but they hear not; neither is there any breath in their mouths. They that make them are like unto them: so is every one that trusteth in them."

- - - -

128 -> " Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways."

- - - -

Another self explanatory -> 124:7-8 , 122:6 , 121:2 / 121:7

118:14 -> The Lord... My Salvation -> " The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation."

118:8-12 , 117:1-2 , 116:4-6 , 115:9-10 / 11 & 13 , 113:8 & 5

112:1 , 111:10 -> " The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever."

110:1 / 4-5 , 107:19-20 / 28 , 106:10 / 18 / 21 / 38-39 / 41-43 / 47-48

- - - -

105:1 -> " O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.'

105:6-7 / 15 (Judgement, even for today of the wicked) / 23 / 27-33 & 35-45 (Wicked vs Lost, how they act/ etc). 

Henceforth -> 1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV / Psalms 7:11 / Proverbs 21:12 / Proverbs 21:27 / Ezekiel 13:22 / Ecclesiastes 7:9 , Ezekiel 3:19 

- - - -

104:34-35 , 103:3 , 101:3 / 5-8 , 100:1-5 , 97:10 , 95:8 , 94:14 , 92:13 / 15 , 90:4 & 12

89:7 / 18 / 26 , 84:11 , 83:4-10 , 82:8 , 81:4 , 78:7-8 / 22 / 35 / 38-54

75:9-10 , 73:1 , 72:12 / 15 / 17-20 , 71:1-3 / 5 / 19-20

71:1-3 -> " In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me. Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress."

68:17 / 20 / 35 -> " He that is our God is the God of salvation; and unto GOD the Lord belong the issues from death."

" O God, thou art terrible out of thy holy places: the God of Israel is he that giveth strength and power unto his people. Blessed be God." 

- - - -

66:4 / 10 - > " For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried."

64:3 / 5 / 7 / 10 , 63:9-10 , 62:1-2 / 10-11

62:1-2 -> " Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

- - - -

59:11 / 17 , 58:1 , 56:3-4 / 11 , 54:1 , 51:3-10 / 12 / 14 / 17 , 50:22 , 49:15 , 48:1

46:2 / 6-7 / 10-11 , 44:22 , 43:1-2 , 41:4 / 11 / 13 , 40:4

(All these are in read. All my other markings in Pslams from 39 and below are in highlights which i a lot - not too much, but color coded).

- - - -  - - - -  - - - -

Am studying James now.

Edited by Piper LT

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1 John 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name’s sake.
1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1 John 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

• Like 1

" And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;" - Romans 1 28 (KJV)

" And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. " - Genesis 6:5 (KJV)

" And he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the LORD. " - 2 Chronicles 12:14 (KJV)

-

“ These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.” - Proverbs 6 16-19 (KJV)

-

“ But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” - Revelation 21 8 (KJV)

-

" Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." - Romans 1 22-29 (KJV)

• Like 2

James 1:3 | James 1:8 | James 1:14

James 2:5-11 | 2:14 | 2:19-20 | 2:21-22 | 2:24 | 2:26

James 3:5-6 | 7-8 | 13 & 15 / 14 & 16 | 17-18

James 3:14 & 3:16 & James 4:1

James 4:2-3 | 2 & 4 | 4:3-4 | 4:7-10 | 4:11 | 4: 7 , 8 , 10 | 4:8 & 10 | 4:9 & 11 | 4:16-17

James 5:1 | 5:2-3 | 5:4-5 | 5:4 & 4:2 | 6-15 | 7 & 8 | 6 , 10 , 13 , 15 | 5:20 | 13 & 15 | 14 & 16

-

1st Peter 1:2-5 | 2 & 3 | 7 | 12 | 13 | 15 & 17 | 19-21 | 22 | 23 & 25

1 Peter 2:1-6 | 2:9 (Levi?) | 2:10 (Gentile) - 2:11 | 2:12 | 2:17-22 | 21-22 | 24 & 25

1 Peter 3:3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 | 3:2-7 | 3:8-20 | 8-10 | 10-11 | 12 & 14 | 13 & 20 | 15 & 17 | 16 & 18 | 21 | 22

1 Peter 4:1-5 | 6-7 | 5-8 | 6-8 | 4:9 | 10-11 | 11-13 | 11-14 | 15 & 17 | 16-19

1 Peter 4:18- 5:1

1 Peter 5:2-4 | 2 & 4 | 3 & 5 | 3 & 6 | 6-8 | 9-11 | 9-12 | 10-12 | 5:14

-

2nd Peter 1:4 & 6 | 7 & 9 | 8 & 10 | 15-17 | 18-21 | 19-21

2nd Peter 2:1 | 3-6 | 3-9 | 6-7 | 3 & 6 | 2:9 | 12 , 13 , 14 , 15 , 18  | 12-14 | 15-18 | 19-21 | 12 & 22

2nd Peter 3:3 | 3-4 | 4-5 | 7 , 8 , 10 | 12 & 14 | 10 & 18 | 17 & 18

1 John

1 John 1:3 & John 1:14 | 1 John 1:1 & 1:3 | 1 John 1:5 & 1:7 / 1:5-7 | 1 John 1:8-9 / 1:8 & 1:10

1 John 1:9 & 2:2 | 1 John 2:1-4 , 2:5-7 | 1 John 2:8 & 1:5 | 1 John 2:9-11 | 1 John 2:12 & 1:9 | 1 John 2:13 & 2:2

1 John 2:14-15 | 1 John 2:16-17 | 1 John 2:18 & 2:20 | 1 John 2:19 & 2:21 | 1 John 2:22-23 | 1 John 2:26 | 1 John 2:29

1 John 3:1-2 | 1 John 3:5 -> 1:5 , 1:7 , 1:9-10

1 John 3: 8 | 1 John 3:9 -> 1 Peter 3:18 , 1:15-16 , John 2:14 , 1:5 | 1 John 3:10 | 1 John 3:11 -> 2:9-12

1 John 3:13-14 | 1 John 3:16 | 1 John 3:20-21 -> Jeremiah 17:9 | 1 John 3:23-24 -> 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 , 1 Corinthians 6:13 , 1 John 4:12-15

1 John 4:1-3 -> 2 Peter 1 | 1 John 4:4-6 | 1 John 4:7 (Love Brethren) | 1 John 4:18 | 1 John 4:19-20

1 John  5:1 -> 4:14-15 | 1 John 5:2 | 1 John 5:4 -> John 16:33 , 1 John 4:4 , John 15:19 , Romans 12:21 (Overcome, evil with Good)

1 John 5:5 , 1 John 5:6 , 1 John 5:7 (Word made Flesh) , 1 John 5:8 | 1 John 5:10-11 | 1 John 5:14 -> 3:21 | 1 John 5:17 | 1 John 5:19 | 1 John 5:20 -> Jude 1:25

2 John

2 John 1:5 | 2 John 1:5-7 | 2 John 1:10-11

3 John

3 John 1:3 | 3 John 1:10 | 3 John 1:11

Jude

Jude 1:1 -> Acts 9:41 , Romans 1:7 , 1 Corinthians 1:2

Jude 1:4 -> 1 John 3:9 , 5:7-8 , 5:20

Jude 1:6-9 | Jude 1:11-13 | Jude 1:14-16 | Jude 1:18 -> 2 Peter 2 | Jude 1:20 | Jude 1:25 -> Jude 1:4