Need help with a comment

Hi! I commented on one video that I think the KJV is the best version. Some kind of person answered me and I do not really understand what he is talking about. I admit that it is partially my fault because I have not yet researched the Bible version issue very deeply. Maybe someone is more knowledgeable and could explain to me what is going on and what actually is the truth? 

Thanks in advance ūüôā

1145930305_ScreenShot2020-12-29at13_03_50.png.199d78ad657f6687777f49b19d00fb39.png107721218_ScreenShot2020-12-29at13_04_11.thumb.png.d599c0d94b42edbc43f701bb4ccb4aa5.png

To keep it simple. The Septuagint was written in Alexandria Egypt. A person writing it would have to be a Levitical priest; and a Jew to be blessed by the HOLY GHOST wouldn't go against the LORD's command of never going back to Egypt. Only a fool would disregard this command.

Jeremiah 42:14-19. 

More can be said but this should suffice.

• Like 1

All that person did is playing with words, God’s name is not El Shaddi, kurios or simply God. Is that what His name is? Nope, it is not, when the KJV has LORD in all caps it is referring to the name Jehovah. The KJV just put His name in all caps to give respect to Him. That person is foolish to think that God’s name is God or El Shaddi when those are just titles: 

7. In scripture, the Supreme Being; Jehovah. When lord in the Old Testament, is prints in capitals, it is the translation of JEHOVAH, and so might, with more propriety, be rendered. The word is applied to Christ, Psalms 110:1. Colossians 3:16. and to the Holy Spirit, 2 Thessalonians 3:1. As a title of respect, it is applied to kings, Genesis 40:1. 2 Samuel 19:7. to princes and nobles, Gen 42. Daniel 4:19. to a husband, Genesis 18:1. to a prophet, 1 Kings 18:1. 2 Kings 2:1. and to a respectable person, Gen 24. Christ is called the lord of glory, 1 Corinthians 2:8. and lord of lords, Revelation 19:1.

WEBSTERSDICTIONARY1828.COM

Websters Dictionary 1828 - Webster's Dictionary 1828 - Lord

Edited by Rico
  • Like 5

Thank you @Rico for your explanation, it is co much clearer to me now! I did not know that LORD in all caps is referring to the name Jehovah. It is interesting that in my older Esonian Bible the places where there is Jehovah, in KJV there is LORD written. I did not think anything of it before. In the newer Estonian version there is Lord (not in all caps) instead of Jehovah.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Piper LT said:

ūüėģ¬†You're Slavic too

Estonian language actually is in the same family tree as Finnish language Finnic language, different family tree than Slavic.

Nevertheless there is a big minority of Russian people living here (about 30 percent).

Mostly because they stayed here after the Soviet Union collapsed, but some Russians have lived in the area since the 17th century when several thousand Russian Old Believers, escaped religious persecution in Russia.

My parents are Russian so I am Russian, but my whole life I have mostly spent time with Estonians. Funny enough my husband has also Russian roots but we speak Estonian with each other. 

Some interesting facts for you¬†ūüėĀ

• Like 1

That sounds really interesting! Yes there is some disliking of Russians here in Estonia and some other countries but its mostly due to the history. Younger people do not care that much, most of the people are nice as long as you are nice to them.

I have not done any big of a research about Old Believers but but as much as I have researched it sadly looks a lot like Catholicism just different rituals and traditions.

• Like 1