Introduction, Testimony, and Fellowship

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone. I thought I'd make this post here to introduce myself and see if I can get to know you folks a little better. Based on the created profiles here, there seems to be 20+ registered users so far. I'm honestly not even sure how many real followers of KJVM there are, but I guess I'm here to find that out. I made one or two posts on the old forum and a few comments on YouTube, but never took the opportunity to fellowship with anyone from the ministry even though I had been following brother Bryan's channel for over five years. I suppose I took his sermon on "The Isolated Christian And Perfection" and ran with it because I kept mainly to myself for quite a long time - there was A LOT of sanctification that had to be done and things to be eradicated in my life. Time alone with the Lord was essential for that purpose. Five years it took with ups and downs, and me getting out of fellowship with Him for a time, and restoring that fellowship once again. It was a roller coaster. But the funny thing is, it's almost like the Lord gives you a list when you're first saved with major sins to confess and forsake, and you think,

"Okay, I'll stop this here, and that over there, and I'll be set! I just have a few sins to stop that the Lord's showing me."

The truth is, once you're done with that first list, the Lord places a second and third list on your heart and convicts you of more sin, and more sin you didn't realize was in your life, and pretty soon, you realize just how wicked and rotten and filthy you are as a person; only to further thank Him for saving such a wretch as yourself. How undeserving, yet thankful, am I for the mercy and grace that the Lord Jesus Christ bestows upon me!

With my isolation, I've learned a whole lot about myself. But, the isolation didn't start right after salvation. It started as a conviction of pride. I was going to start a ministry and all the sort. Six months into my salvation, I was called to preach! That's right! I was going to take my King James Bible and show all these new versions users how much I knew about the Lord, how close I was to Him, how much the Lord favored me because of the wealth of truth I was shown! See my sarcasm here.

How foolish and prideful was I. He put me down quick. Attempting to handle the word of the living God, His pure and eternal book; and I, six months into my salvation, was able to teach from it? Wow. Can a six month old baby even pick up a sword, let alone, use it properly and efficiently? Or does he mishandle it, and cut himself when he struggles to balance it for its great weight and sharpness, and doesn't consider its power? Surely, a six month old babe in Christ cannot preach and teach, and I found that out soon enough which is what began my isolation. I'm blessed to have been convicted of that before building too much of a "ministry." My website, and couple videos I had done, I took down due to that conviction.

So, with that said, I did not have fellowship with the brethren. And to be honest, I think it was for the best as a babe in Christ. You really need to have some discernment with who you speak to around here, rather on YouTube, because there are so many wolves among the flock, and they set traps, and snares for those who are weak in the faith, and I pray that they be revealed, marked and known among the brethren. True, genuine fellowship is something I've always desired and the time is now for that. And so, this post is just bits and pieces of my testimony. Perhaps I will make a video one day, or simply more posts, of my full testimony of salvation, and just how the Lord has worked in my life.

So I open myself to the brethren now, and also the public because that's our platform here. If you'd like to share your testimony, or just anything about yourself and what the Lord has done for you, I'd like to hear about it. I'd like to know more about the followers of KJVM and you personally if you so choose to share.

Edited by Christopher Milby
  • Like 4

Hello Christopher, I can symapthize with what you have been going through, having gone through much the same myself. The Bible says "Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world." (I Peter 5:9 [KJV]) I won't take the time here to share my testimony on this platform as I have put it in video form on my channel, but it is out there. If you have upwards of two hours to spare they are there on youtube under the same name as I use here on this forum.

Posted (edited)

Matthew, I watched both parts of your testimony. Thank you for sharing that. And however relevant things described in those videos are today, you're in my prayers. Much of what you said about recalling the lines of certain comedians and music is something I still struggle with as well. Very hard to put those things out of your mind when they've been ingrained into your head. So important to stop yourself with those thoughts and bring them to Christ immediately. 2 Corinthians 10:5.

I'm actually in New Albany, Indiana, just north of Louisville, so I'm just a couple hours away from you. My work is a little ways north of New Albany and I've been considering moving closer to work, so that's even closer to Indy if we ever decide we want to fellowship together. I have your email written down.

Edited by Christopher Milby
  • Like 1
On 7/4/2020 at 12:56 AM, Christopher Milby said:

Hello everyone. I thought I'd make this post here to introduce myself and see if I can get to know you folks a little better. Based on the created profiles here, there seems to be 20+ registered users so far.

This version of the website is pretty new, online for a week and not quite two weeks old altogether.

On 7/4/2020 at 12:56 AM, Christopher Milby said:

With my isolation, I've learned a whole lot about myself. But, the isolation didn't start right after salvation. It started as a conviction of pride. I was going to start a ministry and all the sort. Six months into my salvation, I was called to preach! That's right! I was going to take my King James Bible and show all these new versions users how much I knew about the Lord, how close I was to Him, how much the Lord favored me because of the wealth of truth I was shown! See my sarcasm here.

I felt this same "drive" myself; I needed to do something for the Lord. It's like you are called to preach, and have that feeling like you should. This was easier for me because I think for all talent God gave me with computers, he took it from my language comprehension and writing skills. After much prayer, and thought I decided to focus on the talents God gave me and ended up building kingjamesvideoministries.org to try and help out the body of Christ in my own way.

If you still feel that "drive" to do something for the Lord, we could always use a hand around here.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Adam Moore said:

I'm up north a bit in Converse Indiana, right around Kokomo. Might be nice to plan something down the line.

Certainly. Sounds good to me.

3 hours ago, Adam Moore said:

This version of the website is pretty new, online for a week and not quite two weeks old altogether.

I felt this same "drive" myself; I needed to do something for the Lord. It's like you are called to preach, and have that feeling like you should. This was easier for me because I think for all talent God gave me with computers, he took it from my language comprehension and writing skills. After much prayer, and thought I decided to focus on the talents God gave me and ended up building kingjamesvideoministries.org to try and help out the body of Christ in my own way.

If you still feel that "drive" to do something for the Lord, we could always use a hand around here.

Got it. I never knew how many users were legit, spam, or just silent like myself on the old forums, but we shall see who joins in the coming weeks.

I do have that same drive, although I'm more careful not to act upon it without prayer. Anything I can do to help out here, I'd be glad to. I will pray more about what the Lord can use me for because I admittedly haven't been the best I can be in that regard.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, everything has been a bit crazy. Words don't it justice, but I'm trying to get it all organized. I've down to 83 open browser tabs in 8 different windows on 6 desktops, I've sorted hundreds of bookmarks, I've been working on condensing all my to-do lists, reading laws pertaining to face masks(ADA, HIPPA, Good stuff coming) and to this website (DMCA, CCPA), and planning features.

Anything you would like to do to help would be appreciated. I see you replied to the development blog, that's my sort of TODO list in progress. If there's something on the list you like to do, want to see, or feel lead by the Lord to work on something else, I'm open to any help.

I liked your ideas on the blogs post(Haven't had time to reply yet). The mission statement I was thinking about myself, we can show different things to guests and members on any page. Maybe the have the ministry statement pop up for guests and be hidden for members or we could work it in as a hero image/featured section also as well. I'm not sure if Bryan has one written or not, that might need to be done as well. I'd be happy to go into details if you have any questions about anything.

If that's a bit too vague, I could write a more structured TODO list for the website, like plan categories for Downloads, write descriptions, etc.

• Like 1

I think the simplest (even though taking a while) and more beneficial thing I could help with is tagging the videos. I see a lot of potential for users being able to filter based on subject. If that would help you out, I'd be happy to do it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have my Wattpad (Dawn_LT) linked to this account, and I have a lot of my writings on that platform. I plan to update more on such about what God has done for me and other areas that correlate to learning in due time too.
-
Thank you for showing what you have learned, and such is the same for me too. As we grow, the Lord shows us more in our life that needs to go for such not only ruins our walk with him, but the events are toxic to our being. 
-
For myself, in the past, I was dealing with many areas of who I was. I had my breaking point near the beginning of this year, honestly. I knew I was changing little by little back in 2016, but I feel I probably wasn't genuinely saved till 2020, even with small changes throughout those years. Though one thing that always stuck to me was that I never felt like I was a good person or a nice person. 
-
I always felt one way or another; of that, I was not right as others claimed me to be. I am thankful truly for this feeling, for I now know why I always felt off when one would compliment me. I'm a filthy, disgusting sinner who needed to get saved. - Which I am now. Thank The Lord.  
-
In 2016, I forgot what I pray for, but I wanted to end things due to trauma I dealt with as a child. God saved me, and I ended up surrendering myself to Jesus Christ. By saying those words, I felt as if something that was weighing me down got ripped off. 
-
Here and there, I had dreams, and one that was apparent came to mind. I cannot remember if I wrote of such on Wattpad, but I shall in due time if not. This dream happened in 2017 or 2018. 
-
The dream correlated to black smoke rising in the distance to then a creepy woman like demon appearing in her backyard staring at me. I was inside someone's house, and I mentioned the person I saw in the distance, but the other woman told me she did not understand what I saw. I would look away, and the thing would get closer each time. The woman started to say to me that there was something that I needed to admit to myself, but for a bit of time, I had no clue what I needed to realize out loud. I stared at the ground, for I knew that then and there that thing was right in front of me. - Then, I remembered. I said out loud, " I am Protected." -> That creature was pushed away from me, and a barrier came up in the dream. The dark shadowy woman then yelled, " WHAT?" as she banged on the invisible barrier. I realized that that creature was a woman I knew that stalked me, and was into magic. I forgot the words that got spoken out of me in replyance but - such correlated to me telling her that I asked God to remove anyone and anything out of my life that needed to go. 
-
I believe I am protected, even during those times that I was uncertain at times, for there were always times in my life that indicated I was. 
-
For my actual testimony -> I used to be addicted to gambling in video games, which God helped me to overcome, for whenever I tried, I just couldn't. I used gambling as an escape, as too for video games. Thanks to the Lord, I stopped gambling a few months back and lovely - one day, I woke up and, boom - gone. Video games, however, did take time. I first removed certain games out, then finally all of such - Wrote of both on Wattpad. 
-
"One day and gone" also correlates to the beginning of 2020 for January 1st or December 31st, 2019 - Cannot remember exactly - Yet, I was battling with confusion on who I was (turned out there were a lot of witches in my life, and Even GOD pointed such out. Like, random months earlier, a thought came into me like, " Is she a witch? / Are They into Magic?" - Yes. She Was. They were. YIKES. My fault that I didn't listen. I had many warning dreams of her doing witchcraft on me too, which confused me as well as a few other people). 
-
I got her out of my life, and all those people and I repented. I felt terrible that I did not listen to God for Jesus showed me in so many ways. For January, though, I woke up and right before I awoke, the words that stuck to me were, " You were born female for a reason." I had my answer, and I felt calm. The night before, I prayed to God for I was done with the confusion, and the wishy-washyness for I couldn't deal with being confused on anything anymore. I didn't care what needed to go, who needed to be cut - I was crying and just gave it all to God saying Not my Will, but Your Will for I don't want to deal with all this confusion, not knowing anything. 
-
Bryan Denlinger's videos helped me a Whole Lot too. Many of his videos convicted me, and others hen he said words gave me my answer—areas like Video games, how a woman is to be, and that of pants. When I first heard of the fact we are to wear skirts and stop wearing pants for such was a male thing - I had no clue. It took me some time to go from pants to dresses and skirts because I wore a lot of sweat pants for comfort reasons. I no longer have pants nor wear them for I have long skirts, and some dresses now. Though few dresses go right below the knee, I got some high socks to make up for such; one pair has koala's on it. Cute creatures. Especially female koala's because of the white tipped ears. More fluffy too. 
-
I learned that a woman is not to work and is to be a keeper at home. Such was pretty cool to hear of, for I always felt such was to be the case. I'd say to myself when younger to last year, and before knowing the fullness of God's word, I'd love to take care of the house while I was cared for and supported. Plus, the fact I love cleaning. Cooking can be exciting, and I knew a bit about sowing. I was going to see to it to learn more sowing, of course. I do fine with baking, as long as I have all the utensils out before or get confused and mess up with measures. 
-
I binged on Mr. Denlinger's videos when I first found his videos. He and his wife do a great job.  A lot of their videos helped me. Plus, the videos that correlate with working. I had to relisten to one of them recently. Such helped me resign from the job I had a week or two prior.
-
My mother is lost, but she respected God's word as she listened to the video of Mr. Denlinger and his wife. Pretty cool, truly. I pray for my mother, and she's getting better with accepting me and the fact of how often I bring up God to her. She used to be, very, yikes. Now, she is more chill and relaxed - Thank the Lord. When I show her videos that correlate to God and his word, she is more acceptable to such. 

-

I hope this wasn't too long of a reply back. Thank you for reading. I hope I get to read others too, in due time. 

• Like 5

@Piper LT

I've had a couple dreams here and there myself. One was a rapture dream where I was laying on the couch and I looked over to an object that started to "go up" in the air and then I said something along the lines of, "Here it is! I'm going to be with the Lord!" I felt myself leave my body, but soon woke up after that. Completely goofy really because, for one, objects are not caught up, and secondly, I knew I was going to be "caught up" based on the object. Both not in scripture so that was one dream to be disregarded. I suppose the only real thing my goofy dreams have done for me was remind me to do something for the Lord once I was awake and "sober", if you will.

Not too long of a reply at all, sister. Glad to hear of your victories the Lord has given you in things.

• Like 3

It's interesting reading about your dreams sister, and brother.

I rarely have any dreams, maybe just don't remember them at all?, but have been praying for more dreams about various things and have been in fact having a few more than usual; not really able to interpret anything out of them yet, I should get in the habit of recording because they are so easy to forget.

I was always fascinated how (when I do dream) how time seems to change, can feel like you have been dreaming (experiencing) for hours but really only dozed off for 20 minutes or however long.

And such abnormal dream locations / events (impossible locations / physics... for lack of a better description) can seem uneventful until you wake up.

I always really liked the dream stuff in the bible as well, Joseph, Daniel etc...

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...