What should I do with my old Yu-Gi-Oh cards?

What should I do with my old Yu-Gi-Oh cards? I just looked through them all and the game as a whole is blatantly occultic. I set some really blatantly sinful ones aside to perhaps make an exposed video with one day. I have some that are "rare" and would be worth some money. I could probably sell them on eBay, as there is a market for them to my knowledge. Would it be ok with God if I sold some and donated all of the money to Christian ministry? 

Would it be wrong to recirculate the cards? Would it be wrong for me to accept money for these types of items and simultaneously recirculate them? Would my selling of them cause the buyer to stumble? I don't think I'd be wasting the buyer's money because they'll buy the cards either way, if not from me from someone else. At least I would be giving the money to ministry and God. Scriptures and personal opinions would be appreciated.

41 minutes ago, Sword & Stone 1611 said:

What should I do with my old Yu-Gi-Oh cards? I just looked through them all and the game as a whole is blatantly occultic. I set some really blatantly sinful ones aside to perhaps make an exposed video with one day. I have some that are "rare" and would be worth some money. I could probably sell them on eBay, as there is a market for them to my knowledge. Would it be ok with God if I sold some and donated all of the money to Christian ministry? 

Would it be wrong to recirculate the cards? Would it be wrong for me to accept money for these types of items and simultaneously recirculate them? Would my selling of them cause the buyer to stumble? I don't think I'd be wasting the buyer's money because they'll buy the cards either way, if not from me from someone else. At least I would be giving the money to ministry and God. Scriptures and personal opinions would be appreciated.

Hello Sword & Stone 1611,

Definitely burn them due to their sorcery history and I use to play Yugioh cards as well. I believe you answered your own questions and you know what to do even though they are “rare.”

Isaiah 44:9-11:
9 They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed.

10 Who hath formed a god, or molten a graven image that is profitable for nothing?

11 Behold, all his fellows shall be ashamed: and the workmen, they are of men: let them all be gathered together, let them stand up; yet they shall fear, and they shall be ashamed together.

Edited by Kíveño
Typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Kíveño said:

Hello Sword & Stone 1611,

Definitely burn then due to their sorcery history and I use to play Yugioh cards as well. I believe you answered your own questions and you know what to do even though they are “rare.”

Isaiah 44:9-11:
9 They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed.

10 Who hath formed a god, or molten a graven image that is profitable for nothing?

11 Behold, all his fellows shall be ashamed: and the workmen, they are of men: let them all be gathered together, let them stand up; yet they shall fear, and they shall be ashamed together.

What do you think God would appreciate and value more, the destruction of these occultic and witchcraft cards, or the gain from the sale thereof? I don't think that's even a question, right?

5 minutes ago, Sword & Stone 1611 said:

What do you think God would appreciate and value more, the destruction of these occultic and witchcraft cards, or the gain from the sale thereof? I don't think that's even a question, right?

Well it is like how Isaiah 44:9 says, their delectable things shall not profit

Delectable means delighted or greatly pleasing and these cards will not profit you. The rarity of cards whether it will be Yugioh or not, is a prideful thing that converts to an idol. So yes, the Lord Jesus Christ will want that out of your life and more so destroyed.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Kíveño said:

Delectable means delighted or greatly pleasing and these cards will not profit you. The rarity of cards whether it will be Yugioh or not, is a prideful thing that converts to an idol. So yes, the Lord Jesus Christ will want that out of your life and more so destroyed.

I think I'm being greedy in wanting the gain from the sale of the cards. In Acts 19:19 magicians and users of curious arts burned their books which amounted to 50,000 pieces of silver. Is it reasonable to compare Yu-Gi-Oh cards to magic books? 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Kíveño said:

Even if all the money netted from the sale of them goes to ministry? Would it be considered blood-money? Would God refuse to bless that money?

49 minutes ago, Sword & Stone 1611 said:

Even if all the money netted from the sale of them goes to ministry? Would it be considered blood-money? Would God refuse to bless that money?

Prov 13:11: 11 Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labor shall increase.

I would not consider as blood-money but, rather trespass and sinful money. You did not technically worked with your hands by labor, you gotten it by vanity. Check out these verses from 2 Kings 12:1-16. The key verse for the answer you are looking for is verse 16 which will connect to Leviticus 5:15-19. Since you did this out of ignorance and did not know the issue, get it confessed to the Lord Jesus Christ (1 John 1:9) and do not do it again. 

Edited by Kíveño
  • Like 2

If fire is not practical, for whatever reason, paper shredder.

It's not so much about the money as it is the spiritual harm it could do to the next owner.

I had to destroy some stuff that cost good money, but didn't want it negatively affecting someone else so had to be done; valuable or not.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Vancouver said:

If fire is not practical, for whatever reason, paper shredder.

It's not so much about the money as it is the spiritual harm it could do to the next owner.

I had to destroy some stuff that cost good money, but didn't want it negatively affecting someone else so had to be done; valuable or not.

2 hours ago, Kíveño said:

Prov 13:11: 11 Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labor shall increase.

I would not consider as blood-money but, rather trespass and sinful money. You did not technically worked with your hands by labor, you gotten it by vanity. Check out these verses from 2 Kings 12:1-16. The key verse for the answer you are looking for is verse 16 which will connect to Leviticus 5:15-19. Since you did this out of ignorance and did not know the issue, get it confessed to the Lord Jesus Christ (1 John 1:9) and do not do it again. 

Thanks guys, I am quite sure that I will not sell them but will instead destroy them. Great scriptures and help, Kiveno, they really helped me. And Vancouver, you are correct, this was my concern, the harm or stumbling it would potentially cause to the buyer. Yu-Gi-Oh as a whole is really wicked, the game has magic cards, spells, rituals, sacrifices, summonings, all sorts of grotesque monsters, witches, magicians, sorcerers, and other countless occultic themes. I even found a card called "Belial - Marquis of Darkness". Any further thoughts would be appreciated.

Edited by Sword & Stone 1611
  • Like 3

Oof yes very occultic. I also had a lot of Pokemon ones. I thought I would cut all of them to pieces (no matter their rarity) and I did with some but I already had them all in a binder and it was a really tedious task and got tired pretty soon. So I just grabbed a bag, destroyed what I could and just threw all that in the garbage, they should be already destroyed by the trash processing. Fire is not an option for me.

I also still have another binder with some YuGiOh ones because they didn't fit in the bags (I also threw out videogame magazines and some questionable books) but I will also get rid of them soon. I have to get rid of quite the videogame collection too.

• Like 3

Romans 13:10 - Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

My friends, I think it comes back to this principle. Are we loving our neighbor if we sell them an item that is blatantly sinful? Or are we transgressing the commandment to love our neighbor as ourselves and to not work ill to them? I think giving or selling someone an item that is sinful is clearly working ill to that person. 

Romans 13:8 - Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Romans 13:9 - . . .and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Proverbs 13:13 - Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded.

If we despise or reject the Bible's admonitions concerning the wickedness of witchcraft, and of the burning of witchcraft items (in Acts 19:19), and of loving, we will bring destruction to our lives. But if we fear the commandment and word concerning those things and do what the Bible says to do (destroy them) we will actually be rewarded.

• Like 2

2 Corinthians 6:14-15 - Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

Webster's 1828 Dictionary definitions of Communion and Fellowship: 

• COMMUNION, noun

1. Fellowship; intercourse between two persons or more; interchange of transactions, or offices; a state of giving and receiving; agreement; concord.

We are naturally led to seek communion and fellowship with other.

What communion hath light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14.

• FEL'LOWSHIP, noun

2. Association; confederacy; combination.

Most of the other christian princes were drawn into the fellowship of that war. [Unusual.]

3. Partnership; joint interest; as fellowship in pain.

If we sell wordly items we might be fellowshipping with unrighteousness and communing with darkness. 

• Like 2
  • 1 Corinthians 10:23-24 - All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not. 24 Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth.

I gather from this scripture that we should put other men's wealth and wellbeing before ours. Their gain before ours. All things are lawful but not all things edify. Nor are all things expedient, that is, useful or profitable. You might get some money from something but I think it's possible for it to ultimately be unprofitable.

Webster's 1828 Dictionary Definition of Edify:

ED'IFY, verb transitive [Latin oedifico; oedes, a house, and facio, to make.]

1. To build, in a literal sense. [Not now used.]

2. To instruct and improve the mind in knowledge generally, and particularly in moral and religious knowledge, in faith and holiness.

Edify one another. 1 Thessalonians 5:11.

3. To teach or persuade. [Not used.]

• Like 1