Why aren't believers, but specifically ministers of God supposed to accept money from the lost world?

Question

I've heard Brother Denlinger say this before. It sounds right. I desire to know if any scriptures pertaining to this exist, and what the reasoning is. Blood-money exists, and I reckon it'd be wrong or even hypocritical for a Christian to take or use that money for the purpose of serving God. But is all lost people's money Blood-money? I wouldn't think so. What makes money or gain acceptable in the eyes of God?  Any help or wonderful scriptures will be appreciated.

Edited by Sword & Stone 1611
title

9 answers to this question

Youtube, Twitch, Streaming Services, Hulu, Etc. 

Can be monetized, given donations (Example - Live Streaming) = Lost World Money, evil, not good  

-

If given donations via on a website or contact information like email = Alright 

Edited by Piper LT
edit
  • Like 1

Well, what would you be receiving money for? Think about it.

If you are a minister, or are serving the LORD in some way with some activity, and receive money for it from the lost, you are probably doing something wrong... else they wouldn't be giving you a dime.

As for monetization in social media platforms, like YT, it's not only money from the lost world, but it comes from ADVERTISING. They are PARTNERING with you, with "your product", which is a case of an unequal yoke with unbelievers. Also, you are making merchandise of those things that are holy. Jesus himself flipped some tables, freed some beasts, scourged some merchants, etc, for something like that, if you remember... [John 2:16  And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.] And I think there was something from Paul too, but I can't seem to find it or remember it correctly. Maybe someone can help me with this one.

Now, if you are just making some commercial product or service, there's nothing wrong with receiving monetary compensation from it from anybody. But if you are taking advantage of the things of God to somehow get some money, for example, from random advertisers on the account of ad views, that's not good. This includes using a ministry, or biblical message, to ALSO sell something. And remember, if you are monetizing, say, videos about the Bible, SOMEBODY is selling something on top of your video for you to receive a cut.

You'd have to personally vet all advertising in your videos (impossible in YT) and even then there's a lot of problems that go against Biblical principles and teaching.

Edited by radorn
  • Like 2

I don't have anything bible-based on my old YT account, and I'm not monetized, nor have I registered any personal data with them for anything, mind you. It's a very basic account and I went to the trouble of disabling almost everything they allow you to disable, for whatever that's worth (you know, they may say they won't do this or that, but then again it's just their word... and we know how much that's worth).

I just use ad- and script-blocking software, like uBlock Origin, and never see any ads even if they have then enabled in YT and such. I have no idea wether they put ads over my few pointless videos or not because I just won't see them either way.

I recommend you try these things. Not only won't you be seeing the stinking ads, but also, because the ad is not being shown to you, you aren't generating any ad-revenue for them.

Edited by radorn