Sign in to follow this  
TriTaylor

Creation Science

Question

Since Kent Hovind has been exposed as a false teacher, do any of the Brethren recommend any good creation science videos? I want to show my 7 year old brother biblical creation teachings. He's like a sponge and loves to learn about God and the Bible. 

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

The older, per-incarceration stuff from Hovind is still in my mind the best out there. I would keep your sibling away from all the new stuff for sure, but the old stuff should be okay. If it comes to an issue of them wanting to see the new stuff then you would have a whole other issue.

• Thanks 2

I'm not aware of any, I used to watch Kent Hovind, Walter Veith, Spike Psarris, MarkHArmitage (and a variety of others I can't recall), and as long as someone has discernment (saved, Holy Spirit) and can disregard things that don't line up to KJV doctrine it can be an interesting subject but I will never broadly recommend them because of the problems they have.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Shortly after being saved, although I never stopped to think about it (evolution, because for me it was all about sin and punishment vs grace and forgiveness) some old atheist / agnostic friends started to ask "what about the dinosaurs!?" questioning my salvation / new life, at first I thought that was really odd, as who cares about the dinosaurs... (early in salvation I knew very little about the bible, genesis etc...) and didn't realize the dilemma.

But I was saved and was going to stand by the KJV no matter what, so I asked God "what about the dinosaurs?" and that led me to the above mentioned material in which there are many good arguments, but also many problems; the Holy Spirit bears witness of the truth and reveals lies for those who are saved.

The more I learned the more ridiculous and improbable evolution became (strengthening my existing faith), but no matter how knowledgeable I became, no matter how strong my reasoning, to the atheist it didn't matter; because it was never about dinosaurs, it was about sin.

There are those who love to sin, and are so offended at the thought of judgment and condemnation they will latch onto anything that absolves them of guilt, they simply do not recognize when their "science" crosses over into a type of faith (biased interpretation of data); I clearly acknowledge my bias: I believe the King James Bible and interpret observations through that lens, that way of thinking.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Without knowing more, I feel like 7 years old is too young to be spiritually accountable (and then saved) which would (not being saved) make introducing questionable material dangerous, which you seem to recognize.

To me it's telling that many sound bible teachers do not focus much on the evolution vs creation science arguments / information, though most are well aware of them, maybe we are not meant to...